Long-term courses and student visas 2024-01-22T10:36:16+00:00


Visas, long-term study stays and extensions.

Course specially designed for foreign students who wish to study a university degree, a postgraduate master’s degree or a doctorate (Phd). The course is recommended to guarantee successful access to university studies or to prepare students to enter the Spanish labour market.

Students will be able to obtain the official DELE certification of their level of Spanish once they have finished the course, making the experience much more complete and interesting.

For those students who wish to study in Spanish universities, they must, for the most part, reach a B2 level for access to university studies.

We help you with the VISA, the EU LONG-TERM STUDENT STAY and its EXTENSION.

Long-term courses are intensive Spanish courses lasting more than 12 weeks.

There are different types of visas, depending on the length of stay. To qualify for a student visa, the student has to enrol in an intensive course of 20 or 30 lessons per week. As our school has more than 20 years of experience in welcoming students from all over the world on study visa courses, and as the visa process can be confusing, Instituto Andalusí de Español offers an advice and counselling service for students in need of a visa.



  • This course is valid for students who need to apply for a visa.
  • Small groups (maximum 10 participants; average 5-6 students).
  • Course starts every week
  • Available all year round
  • The course combines Spanish grammar, vocabulary and conversation.
  • Levels: beginner to advanced (A1-C1).
  • Timetable: Monday to Friday.

Courses prices:

  • 24 weeks: 2900€ (Special prices semester courses)
  • 28 weeks: 3560€
  • 32 weeks: 3780€
  • 36 weeks: 4120€ (Special annual courses)



  • Course starts every Monday
  • Each class lasts 45 minutes. Morning classes start at 9:00 h. or afternoon classes start at 12:30 h. (depending on availability).
  • Between each block of classes, there is a short break so that you can meet the other students at the school, have a coffee and recharge your batteries for the next class.
  • All supplementary materials are included in the course price.

INCLUDED: course book for the entry level, additional materials, activities, personal assistance during the course, Internet access and certificate of attendance.

  • If you are from Morocco or Algeria and you want to come to our school to study the language, you can contact our Moroccan agent Mohamed by phone or e-mail and he will help you to fulfil all the conditions in the quickest and easiest way:
  • Contact telephone number: +212 653-195034
  • E-mail: mohamedbentourki1993@gmail.com



Q. In which course do I have to enrol if I need a student visa?

R. Our Spanish course of 20 lessons / week is the appropriate course to obtain a student visa.

Q. From which countries are students applying for visas with the school?

R. During the more than 20 years of experience we have been teaching Spanish, we have received students from all over the world. Those who apply for visas come mostly from Morocco, Saudi Arabia, etc. But we also have experience with students from many other countries: USA, China, Brazil, Japan and Korea.

Q. Will I have holidays during my long term Spanish course and will I be able to travel around Spain?

R. Yes, depending on the type of visa you apply for, you will be able to have the corresponding weeks of holiday during your long-term Spanish course, which you can use to travel around Spain.

Q. What happens if my visa is refused?

R. In the event that your visa application is not approved, we will reimburse you for all your payments, except for a 200€ administration fee. For this refund, we need an official document of refusal from the Spanish authorities. Please read our terms and conditions (https://www.instituto-andalusi.com/es/condiciones-generales.html) carefully for more detailed information.

Q. Will I get a certificate at the end of the course?

R. Yes, at the end of your Spanish course you will obtain a certificate of attendance and achievement, which you can use to extend your student visa, apply for a Master’s degree or scholarship, etc. In order to obtain this certificate, you must attend 80% of the course and take an achievement test.

Q. Can the school guarantee that I will get a student visa?

R. We will provide you with the confirmation letter that you will need to use to apply for your student visa. Instituto Andalusi de Español is an Accredited Centre by the Instituto Cervantes, which is an essential requirement, and our long-term Spanish courses are accepted by Spanish consulates for student visas. However, the student visa depends on other requirements outside our school. Please find out everything you need to know and make sure you meet all the requirements before you start your enrolment in our courses.


If you have any further questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us at info@instituto-andalusi.com.



  • Contact the Spanish embassy in your home country and ask about the requirements.
  • For this type of visa, the application implies that the student has to submit more documentation than in the case of short-stay study visas.
  • This type of visa is always oriented towards continuing higher education in Spain after having completed the Spanish course.
  • If the Spanish course lasts more than 6 months, the visa is usually issued for a maximum period of 90 days for the student to enter Spain and obtain the Foreigner’s Identity Card (TIE) within one month of arrival.
  • The card will be valid for the duration of the Spanish course and up to a maximum of several years, in the case of studying for a university degree or master’s degree.
  • You must be admitted to an approved school for a full time programme from Monday to Friday. We recommend you book our Standard course with 20 lessons of 45 minutes per week.
  • We offer a study period of 24 weeks to 46 weeks in Spanish levels (A1/A2/B1/B2/B2/C1/C2). Important: The duration of the course should always cover your stay until the next study period. If you start as a beginner, you may need about 46 weeks to reach Spanish level B2. However, the B2 certificate already allows you to continue your university studies after finishing the course with us. If your university programme requires an official certificate, you can take the D.E.L.E. or SIELE exam at our school – check the course prices here!
  • Diplomas and graduation certificates.
  • Criminal record certificate.
  • Medical certificate.
  • Medical insurance covering your stay in Spain.
  • Sufficient financial means for your stay (bank statements). To cover their expenses, the student must have a monthly sum of 100% of the IPREM.
  • The long-stay student visa allows students to work part-time for the duration of the course. The maximum number of hours cannot exceed 20 hours per week and the work must not interfere with the student’s studies. In order for the student to get a job, the company must obtain a work permit from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The work contract cannot exceed the duration of the study visa.

Booking procedure in case of a long-stay student visa:

  • You can register directly via our website. Choose the start date, the course + study visa and the duration of the course. The duration of the course must cover your stay until the next study period.
  • Send us a scanned photocopy of your passport.
  • Send us your CV, as we need to know in which university studies (bachelor, master, doctorate etc.) you are going to enrol after your course with us.
  • The school will also confirm your enrolment by e-mail, enclosing the pro-forma invoice for the total amount of the course.
  • Once this payment has been received, we will send you all the course documents (letter of acceptance, course programme, provisional accommodation address) by e-mail or DHL, in case the Spanish embassy requires the original documents.
  • These documents will be presented to the Spanish embassy in your home country.
  • Once the visa has been granted, the student confirms the start date of his/her course. Courses start every Monday for all levels.



In case of non-receipt of the visa, the school will refund the full amount minus a 200€ cancellation fee, the costs of sending the documentation and the bank charges as long as a receipt from the Spanish embassy is sent by email stating that the visa application has been refused. The document must be the resolution of refusal which ends the administrative process. The school will contact the embassy to verify the authenticity of the documents.

Students who start but do not finish their programme will not be refunded the course and/or accommodation fees under any circumstances.

The Immigration Office in Malaga checks the arrival, departure and attendance of non-EU students.

Este sitio web utiliza cookies propias y de terceros que permiten el funcionamiento y la prestación de los servicios ofrecidos en el mismo. Puede aceptar su uso o rechazarlo mediante la configuración de su navegador o consultar sus opciones cliqueando en nuestra política de cookies. VER MÁS Si tienes menos de 14 años, pide a tu padre, madre o tutor que lea este mensaje.

Aviso de cookies